Josh Higgins, Director of Student Ministries
Josh and the love of his life Kate have two rambunctious boys, 4-year-old Hudson and 3-year-old Harrison (aka Harry). With 20 years of youth ministry experience Josh loves to walk alongside adolescents in their journey of following Jesus. Josh grew up in Fallbrook, CA but did time in the Mid-West (as a Junior High Pastor in Chicago.)
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies, Vanguard University
Master of Arts in Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary
Ordained Reverend with the Evangelical Church Alliance
Primary Responsibilities: Partnering with volunteers, parents and the body of Good Shepherd to help adolescents Connect with God, Grow in Faith and Serve in Love!
Interests and Favorites:
- Books: My favorite book is Les Miserable, an amazing story of redemption and sacrifice!
- Hobbies: I love to wrestle with my boys, spend time with my wife and every so often get out in the water on a paddleboard
- Movies: My favorite movie of all time is Top Gun!
- Music: Mumford and Sons
- Sports: Paddle Boarding and camping
- Places: I grew up in Fallbrook, Ca but I’ve also lived in Costa Mesa, Chicago, Pasadena, and Glendora
- Random Fact: My boys and I once caught, skinned and ate a rattlesnake.