Jim Wilson, Executive Pastor
Over 15 years ago, God directed me from the computer industry to pastoral ministry. My passion is helping people to know they are loved by God and can develop a relationship with God through Jesus. My wife, Connie, shares that passion in her work as a psychotherapist. We delight in our three grown daughters, their spouses and four grandchildren. Whenever we can, we head to the beach or to the mountains to enjoy God's creation.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Linguistics, San Diego State University, 1973
Master of Arts in Theology, Fuller Seminary, 1984
Master of Divinity, Fuller Seminary, 1992
Doctor of Ministry in Missional Ecclesiology, Fuller Seminary, 2006
Primary Responsibilities: Administrative Leadership, Preaching, Worship Leadership, Staff Relations, Stewardship, World Missions
Interests and Favorites:
- Books: East of Eden, Knowing God, Where is God When it Hurts?, The Shaping of Things to Come, The Cross of Christ, Grace in Practice, Sophie's Choice
- Hobbies: Camping, Reading, Hiking, Bass Guitar, Travel
- Movies: Chariots of Fire, Sophie's Choice, The Mission, What About Bob?
- Music: The Who, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, The Electric Flag, Andrea Boccelli, U2, Pachebell's Canon in D, Almost everything by Thomas Albononi and Vivaldi
- Sports: Snow skiing, Soccer with the grandkids, Power walking at the beach
- Places: Grand Teton National Park, Glacier National Park, Yosemite, Green Valley Lake, San Luis Obispo, Big Sur, Mendocino
- Random Fact: I met and talked with my childhood hero Monty Montana
Contact Jim at or 562/493.2553 x112