Curtis Bronzan, Pastor
I have served at Good Shepherd since June 2006, in a variety of different roles: Director of Student Ministries, Associate Pastor to Emerging Generations, Preaching Pastor, and beginning in July 2015, as Lead Pastor/Head of Staff. My wife, Cassie, and I live in Long Beach and enjoy spending time with our two young children.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies and Sociology, Westmont College, 2002
Master of Divinity in Worship, Theology and the Arts, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2007
Master of Theology in Postmodern Missiology, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2012
Doctorate of Ministry in Leadership in a Changing Church Context, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, In Process
Primary Responsibilities: Preaching, Vision, Worship Leadership, Moderator of Southern California Presbytery
Interests and Favorites:
- Books: Binding the Strong Man, Other: Loving Self, God and Neighbour in a World of Fractures, What Would Jesus Deconstruct?, The Gospel and the Sacred, Waiting for Godot in Sarajevo, Jesus and the Victory of God, The Prodigal God
- Movies: Big Fish, Here Is What Is, Stranger Than Fiction, The Gods Aren't Angry, I am Trying to Break Your Heart, Mistaken for Strangers
- Music: The Arcade Fire, The Promise Ring, Sparklehorse, The Gloria Record, Wilco, The National
- Sports: San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Places: Visalia, Los Altos, Three Rivers
- Random Fact: I can put my legs behind my head!