Curtis Bronzan, Pastor
I'm thankful to have been able to serve at Good Shepherd since June 2006, in a variety of different roles: Director of Student Ministries, Associate Pastor to Emerging Generations, Preaching Pastor, and beginning in July 2015, Pastor/Head of Staff. My wife, Cassie, and I live in Long Beach and enjoy spending time with our two young children.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies and Sociology, Westmont College, 2002
Master of Divinity in Worship, Theology and the Arts, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2007
Master of Theology in Postmodern Missiology, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2012
Doctorate of Ministry in Leadership in a Changing Church Context, Gordon-Conwell, In Process
Primary Responsibilities: Preaching, Vision, Worship Leadership
Interests and Favorites:
- Books: Binding the Strong Man, Other: Loving Self, God and Neighbour in a World of Fractures, What Would Jesus Deconstruct?, The Gospel and the Sacred, Waiting for Godot in Sarajevo, Jesus and the Victory of God, The Prodigal God
- Hobbies: Changing diapers!?
- Movies: Big Fish, Here Is What Is, Stranger Than Fiction, The Gods Aren't Angry, V for Vendetta, Miroir Noir
- Music: The Arcade Fire, The Promise Ring, Sparklehorse, The Gloria Record, Vampire Weekend, Wilco
- Sports: San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Places: Visalia, Los Altos, Three Rivers, Seal Beach
- Random Fact: I can put my legs behind my head!