Grow in Faith This Fall!
You have heard us talk about Connecting with God, Growing in Faith, and Serving in Love here at Good Shepherd. One of my main areas of responsibility is to help provide ways for us to Grow in Faith.
In case you missed the announcement or postcard in your bulletin this past weekend, here are some options for Growing in Faith this fall:
- The Foundations Class: I have the pleasure of leading this 8-part class that focuses on the foundations of our faith. On Sunday, September 16th, we will be starting part three: The Story of Scripture. Class meets in the Round Room (Room 4) at 8:45 or 10:15am.
- The Chronological Bible: Diane Wood teaches this class that works through Scripture in a chronological fashion. They are resuming on Sunday, September 16th, and meet in the Fireside Room at 9am. The prophets are next up!
- 40 Days in the Word: This video-based, short-term study from Rick Warren is facilitated by Kirk and Sue Brown and meets in the Fireside Room at 6:05pm each Sunday evening. They started on September 9th, but it’s not too late to join them.
- Logos: Dr. Bill Creasy is in the midst of teaching through the Bible in one year. Logos meets in the sanctuary at 10am on Tuesday mornings.
- Precept Bible Study: An inductive Bible study led by Talbot Jaeger. They meet on Wednesday nights at 6:45pm in the Choir Room and just started September 12th. This fall they will be studying Paul’s letter to the Philippians.
- Community Bible Study (CBS) for Women: CBS meets on Friday mornings in our church sanctuary at 9am. It is lecture and small-group based. Women of all ages and in all stages of spiritual growth are welcome. There is also a children’s program that runs concurrently. This resumes for the fall September 14th.
- Small Groups: I think there is at least one small group meeting on every day of the week - we got it covered! Mornings... Evenings... For couples... Men... Women... One of the most popular times is Wednesday night when the children come for our FLIPT program (or Junior High group) and the parents stay to meet with their small group.
I’m your contact person for all of these Grow in Faith opportunities, so please let me know if you have questions or would like to get started.
God’s best to you,
Comments for this post have been disabled