10 Reasons to Attend the Annual Congregational Meeting Instead of Watching the Broncos-Patriots Game
The rumors are true.
We actually scheduled our Annual Congregational Meeting for this Sunday, January 24th at 12pm, in the final weeks of the NFL season.
And yes, that will interfere with watching the New England Patriots and Denver Broncos football game.
Here are 10 reasons why you should set your DVR and watch it later (or just catch the highlights on ESPN) and instead attend our Annual Congregational Meeting:
- It saves time: An average NFL broadcast is 3 hours and 12 minutes, though you could watch any game – by skipping the commercials – in only an hour. What’s more, the ball is only in play for around 11 minutes. Can you believe it!? Here's the article.
- I’ve worshipped in a lot of churches, and we have above average pew comfortability. Perhaps not as comfortable as your recliner, but, you can catch the second half.
- We’re having Taco Surf for lunch!
- The Broncos are going to win. Obviously. If any team can beat my (and, more importantly, my father-in-law’s) Steelers, they’re gonna go all the way. Don’t believe me? Let’s bet lunch on it. E-mail me at to make it official. Even if I lose, I make a mean bologna sandwich! Seriously.
- Pastor Paul will be there. I mean, that should be enough of a reason itself. He’s, like, 6’8”! That’s just fun.
- I have some really exciting, super secret news to share. (No, Cassie and I aren’t having another baby – it’s even better than that!)
- Ephesians 2.19-22 says that we're “no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.” I mean, really, that’s something to celebrate.
- The first 200 families in the door will get a free 2015 Annual Report!
- We have a lot to celebrate. And no amount of 7 layer nacho dip or chicken wings will make up for celebrating God’s goodness to us through 2015, or His plans for us in 2016!
- Did I mention Pastor Paul will be there?
Whaddya say? See you there?
Comments for this post have been disabled